Renewing your Broker License
After Completing Your Continuing Education Courses
You may renew your Broker License by mail or online. It is your responsibility to provide the certification numbers found on your Certificates of Completion to the BRE, as the BRE does not accept Certificates of Completion directly from education providers. To download your Certificates of Completion, log in to your Student Homepage or call us at 951.781.7300.
Note: Corporation/Officer licenses cannot be renewed online.
Renewing Online: What to Have Ready
- Your Certificates of Completion
- Credit or Debit Card, for payment of fees - the BRE accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express
Renewing online is easy. Complete your renewal in just ten minutes:
- Print or open in a new window the step-by-step renewal instructions
- Then, click this button and log in
The BRE's eLicensing Help Desk number is 916.263.8987, or call the BRE direct at 877.373.4542.
Renewing By Mail: What to Send to the BRE
- RE 208 - Application for Individual Broker License Renewal, completed and signed OR
- (Corporation/Officer) RE 207 - Application for Corporation/Officer Broker License Renewal, completed and signed
- RE 251 - Continuing Education Course Verification, completed and signed
Note: Use your Certificates of Completion to fill out this form. To download a pre-filled RE 251, log in to your Student Homepage.
- (If not previously filed) RE 205 - Citizenship or Alien Status, completed and signed with proof of residency
- (If paying with check) A cashier's check, check or money order for the applicable renewal fee payable to the Bureau of Real Estate
- (If paying with credit card) RE 909 - Credit Card Payment Form
Bureau of Real Estate
P.O. Box 137003
Sacramento, CA 95813-7003
Fees Payable to the BRE
On-time renewal: $300
Late renewal: $450