Renewing your Sales Agent License
After Completing Your Continuing Education Courses
You may renew your Sales Agent License by mail or online. It is your responsibility to provide the certification numbers found on your Certificates of Completion to the CalBRE, as the CalBRE does not accept Certificates of Completion directly from education providers. To download your Certificates of Completion, log in to your Student Homepage or call us at 951.781.7300.
Renewing Online: What to Have Ready
- Your Certificates of Completion
- Credit or Debit Card, for payment of fees - the CalBRE accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express
- Your broker's email address for verification of employment (*Not required for agents renewing a Non-Working status license.)
Renewing online with CalBre's eLicensing is easy. Complete your renewal in just ten minutes:
- Print or open in a new window the step-by-step renewal instructions
- Then, click this button and log in
The CalBRE's eLicensing Help Desk number is 916.263.8987, or call the CalBRE direct at 877.373.4542.
Renewing By Mail: What to Send to the CalBRE
- RE 209 - Application for Sales Agent License Renewal, completed and signed
- RE 251 - Continuing Education Course Verification, completed and signed
Note: Use your Certificates of Completion to fill out this form. To download a pre-filled RE 251, log in to your Student Homepage.
- The Renewal Notice mailed to you by the CalBRE 90 days prior to your expiration date (which assists the CalBRE track your application)
- (If paying with check) A cashier's check, check or money order for the applicable renewal fee payable to the Bureau of Real Estate
- (If paying with credit card) RE 909 - Credit Card Payment Form
Bureau of Real Estate
P.O. Box 137003
Sacramento, CA 95813-7003
Fees Payable to the CalBRE
On-time renewal: $245
Late renewal: $367