45-Hr DRE Continuing Education
Welcome to DRE License Renewal CE, by first tuesday
- You hold a DRE license as a broker or sales agent and intend to renew it
- Whether you are a broker or sales agent, you need 45 hours of CE to renew
- Each of our nine different 45-hour CE packages complies to renew any type of DRE licenses
- - Six 3-hour CE courses of mandated topics
- - Your choice of 9 topics - each with 27 hours of Consumer Protection
- When enrolling, you need to select a study method and choose one of our 9 different 45-hour packages - as your topic for study
Continuing Education Preamble
|Critical Aspects||What to expect from your first tuesday course enrollment|
|Testing Procedures||Final exam procedures for your courses|
|Professional Services||Extensive first tuesday services for your professional use|
You have study method selections for your CE
- e-book and printed book
- no timer
- e-book - downloadable
- no timer
- Online-Timed e-book
- logging 45-hours reading online
To start select one of our 45-hour CE packages
|Renewal CE Combo
8-hr NMLS CE &
45-hr DRE CE
Backordered until early-2019
Review this chart for your study method options
e-book and Printed book
|45 hours of CE, including 27 hours of Consumer Protection, and 3 hours each of Office Management, Agency, Fair Housing, Trust Funds, Ethics and Risk Management|
|Meets CE requirements for first or subsequent renewals|
|Immediate online access|
|Minimum study time
before course completion
|6-days after enrollment||6-days after enrollment||Log 45 hours of online reading|
|Printed books, no timer|
|e-book/PDF [downloadable], no timer|
|Online reading WITH timer|
|Online quizzes and exams|
|Printed quizzes and exams available|
|Test on max of 15 CE hours per 24-hour period|
Critical aspects of your first tuesday CE courses
Your Course Testing Procedures
STEP 1: Your course outline
Your 45-hour continuing education package is divided into 3 sections. Each section has its own quizzes and exam(s). To complete your 45 hours, follow your personalized course outline online.
STEP 2: Your minimum study time before taking exams
On enrollment, your course reading materials are immediately available online. You may complete your course in as little as 6 days, unless you are enrolled in the 45-hour online-timed course (104). You may test on no more than 15 credit hours of continuing education during a 24-hour period.
STEP 3: Take the quizzes
Quizzes are mandatory and available online immediately after enrollment. Quizzes are not timed and there is no minimum passing score. you have unlimited quiz attempts. Quizzes are taken online by clicking on "Take Quiz" link in your course outline. Feedback on your quiz performance and quiz answers are provided after you complete each quiz.
STEP 4: Take the final exams
Before reviewing any course material online, DRE requires you to acknowledge, under penalty of perjury, that you are the person enrolled, and you will be the only person to complete the course.
You must pass all exams with a score of 70% to receive 45 hours of continuing education credit. Exams are multiple choice and open book. The exam(s) for each section become available only after you've met the minimum study time and taken the quizzes for that section. You may only test on 15 hours of continuing education (one step) per 24-hour period. The maximum time allowed per exam is equal to 1 minute per question. Exams are available online by clicking on the "Take Exam" link in your course outline. Online exams are graded instantly upon completion.
When you fail any exam a backup exam is immediately available online. If you also fail the backup exam, the section automatically resets requiring you to repeat the study and exam process. For Sections 1, 2 and 3 resets, you retake the quizzes and wait the minimum study time before receiving 2 more attempts to pass the section exam.
Minimum study times for reset sections vary;
- two days when you fail Section 1 or 2 exams;
- four days when you fail both sections 1 and 2 exams; and
- for Section 3, you wait 3 hours per failed exam.
You incur no charge for retakes on resets during your 1-year enrollment.
NOTICE: Students enrolled in 45 hour CE packages other than #203 and 702, have their scores for exams on Sections 1 and 2 averaged. When your averaged score is less than 70%, both Sections 1 and 2 reset.
STEP 5: Receive your certificate and renew your DRE license
Once you pass your course exams, the Certificate of Completion becomes available online under the "Certificate" section of your student account. You are responsible for reporting your course completion to DRE. DRE doesn't accept course completions directly from schools/ DRE forms, fees, addresses and application instructions are available under the "Renewal Forms and Instructions" section of your student account. Choose either "Sales Agent Renewal Forms and Instructions" or "Broker Renewal Forms and instructions."
- Customer Service Fast, friendly, LIVE customer service on first ring 8:30AM - 5:00PM, Monday-Friday
- Dictionary An online dictionary of real estate words and jargon to help you on the State Exam
- Books In Print & Online Highest-quality, California-specific materials published by first tuesday/RPI
- 400+ Real Estate Forms first tuesday real estate forms online
- visual application of rules in practice
- The first tuesday Journal Our online real estate news with market trends, legislation, regulations, and cases, 50,000+ unique readers monthly
- Realtipedia 16 e-book volumes for enhanced comprehension and professional reference
- 200+ FARM Letters FARM letter templates and copy to market your practice, create your brand
- Client Q&A Marketing Flyers Download FREE Client Q&A Flyers for marketing your practice as an advisor
- Broker Search Search for an employing broker
- Career Manual Your practice built on "Who you are"
- branding by assessable achievements
Discounts - Third Party RE related services
Errors & Omissions insurance is designed to cover the costs of defending yourself against legal action and paying settlements or judgments that may be issued against you.