45-Hr DRE Continuing Education
— Tailored to fit all Broker and Sales Agent Renewals
To renew any DRE license, you complete 45-hours of CE
Continuing Education Preamble
|Critical Aspects||What to expect from your first tuesday course enrollment|
|Testing Procedures||Final exam procedures for your courses|
|Professional Services||Extensive first tuesday services for your professional use|
Study Method options for the 45-hour package you select
Choose one of our 45-hour CE packages
|Renewal CE Combo
8-hr NMLS CE &
45-hr DRE CE
Backordered until late-2018 to early-2019
Review this chart for your enrollment options
printed, PDF, online, no timer
|45 hours of CE, including 27 hours of Consumer Protection, and 3 hours each of Office Management, Agency, Fair Housing, Trust Funds, Ethics and Risk Management|
|Meets CE requirements for first or subsequent renewals|
|Immediate online access|
|Minimum study time
before course completion
|6-days after enrollment||6-days after enrollment||Log 45 hours of online reading|
|Printed books, no timer|
|e-book/PDF [downloadable], no timer|
|Online reading WITH timer|
|Online quizzes and exams|
|Printed quizzes and exams available|
|Test on max of 15 CE hours per 24-hour period|
Critical aspects of your first tuesday CE courses
- These courses are homestudy correspondence courses; California Specific content, updated online monthly
- All-inclusive Pricing — taxes and shipping, everything included
- All course materials delivered in print, e-book or HTML
- Online access is immediate; printed books arrive via USPS in 5-7 business days
- Your course testing procedures; comprehensive quizzes
- For online reading WITHOUT a reading timer, please choose a Multimedia or e-book enrollment.
- After ordering, there is a $17.50 charge to upgrade from e-book to Multimedia.
- There is an additional charge to switch from one package topic to another after ordering.
- For best comprehension, course content is fully linked to RPI forms and provisions
- Have a question on content? Next day answer, all via email
- Print your Certificate of Completion on passing all courses
- You have one year to complete the courses
- You receive email reminders to complete before course expiration
- 100% Money Back Guarantee during enrollment before any testing; 90 days for prep materials
Your Course Testing Procedures
STEP 1: Your course outline
Your 45-hour continuing education package is divided into 3 sections. Each section has its own quizzes and exam(s). To complete your 45 hours, follow your personalized course outline online.
STEP 2: Your minimum study time before taking exams
On enrollment, your course reading materials are immediately available online. You may complete your course in as little as 6 days, unless you are enrolled in the 45-hour online-timed course (104). You may test on no more than 15 credit hours of continuing education during a 24-hour period.
STEP 3: Take the quizzes
Quizzes are mandatory and available online immediately after enrollment. Quizzes are not timed and there is no minimum passing score. you have unlimited quiz attempts. Quizzes are taken online by clicking on "Take Quiz" link in your course outline. Feedback on your quiz performance and quiz answers are provided after you complete each quiz.
STEP 4: Take the final exams
Before reviewing any course material online, DRE requires you to acknowledge, under penalty of perjury, that you are the person enrolled, and you will be the only person to complete the course.
You must pass all exams with a score of 70% to receive 45 hours of continuing education credit. Exams are multiple choice and open book. The exam(s) for each section become available only after you've met the minimum study time and taken the quizzes for that section. You may only test on 15 hours of continuing education (one step) per 24-hour period. The maximum time allowed per exam is equal to 1 minute per question. Exams are available online by clicking on the "Take Exam" link in your course outline. Online exams are graded instantly upon completion.
When you fail any exam a backup exam is immediately available online. If you also fail the backup exam, the section automatically resets requiring you to repeat the study and exam process. For Sections 1, 2 and 3 resets, you retake the quizzes and wait the minimum study time before receiving 2 more attempts to pass the section exam.
Minimum study times for reset sections vary;
- two days when you fail Section 1 or 2 exams;
- four days when you fail both sections 1 and 2 exams; and
- for Section 3, you wait 3 hours per failed exam.
You incur no charge for retakes on resets during your 1-year enrollment.
NOTICE: Students enrolled in 45 hour CE packages other than #203 and 702, have their scores for exams on Sections 1 and 2 averaged. When your averaged score is less than 70%, both Sections 1 and 2 reset.
STEP 5: Receive your certificate and renew your DRE license
Once you pass your course exams, the Certificate of Completion becomes available online under the "Certificate" section of your student account. You are responsible for reporting your course completion to DRE. DRE doesn't accept course completions directly from schools/ DRE forms, fees, addresses and application instructions are available under the "Renewal Forms and Instructions" section of your student account. Choose either "Sales Agent Renewal Forms and Instructions" or "Broker Renewal Forms and instructions."
— You receive due to your enrollment
Looking beyond your Exams or licensing, first tuesday supports your development as an active agent, broker associate, or broker without further charge. Included with your enrollment as an alumni of first tuesday education programs, you receive numerous professional goods and services of great annual value as part of your enrollment.
- Customer Service Fast, friendly, LIVE customer service on first ring 8:30AM - 5:00PM, Monday-Friday
- Dictionary An online dictionary of real estate words and jargon to help you on the State Exam
- Books In Print & Online Highest-quality, California-specific materials published by first tuesday/RPI
- 400+ Real Estate Forms first tuesday real estate forms online — visual application of rules in practice
- The first tuesday Journal Our online real estate news with market trends, legislation, regulations, and cases 50,000+ unique readers monthly
- Realtipedia 16 e-book volumes for enhanced comprehension and professional reference
- 200+ FARM Letters FARM letter templates and copy to market your practice; create your brand
- Client Q&A Marketing Flyers Download FREE Client Q&A Flyers for marketing your practice
- Broker Search Search for an employer
- Career Manual Your practice built on "Who you are" - branding by assessable achievements