Renewing your Broker License
After Completing Your Continuing Education Courses
You may renew your Broker License by mail or online. It is your responsibility to provide the certification numbers found on your Certificates of Completion to the DRE, as the DRE does not accept Certificates of Completion directly from education providers. To download your Certificates of Completion, log in to your Student Homepage or call us at 951.781.7300.
Note: Corporation/Officer licenses cannot be renewed online.
Renewing Online: What to Have Ready
- Your Certificates of Completion
- Credit or Debit Card, for payment of fees - the DRE accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express
- Renewing online with DRE's eLicensing is easy. Complete your renewal in just ten minutes:
- Watch the broker renewal tutorial
- Or read the step-by-step renewal instructions
- Then, click this button and log in
- New to eLicensing? Watch how to register
Renewing By Mail: What to Send to the DRE
- RE 208 - Application for Individual Broker License Renewal, completed and signed OR
- (Corporation/Officer) RE 207 - Application for Corporation/Officer Broker License Renewal, completed and signed
- RE 251 - Continuing Education Course Verification, completed and signed
Note: Use your Certificates of Completion to fill out this form. To download a pre-filled RE 251, log in to your Student Homepage.
- The Renewal Notice mailed to you by the DRE 90 days prior to your expiration date (which assists the DRE track your application)
- (If paying with check) A cashier's check, check or money order for the applicable renewal fee payable to the Department of Real Estate
- (If paying with credit card) RE 909 - Credit Card Payment Form
Department of Real Estate
P.O. Box 137003
Sacramento, CA 95813-7003
Fees Payable to the DRE
Individuals holding both an Individual and Corporate/Officer Broker License need to file and pay for each renewal separately. The fee amounts are the same for both types of Broker Licenses.
On-time renewal: $300
Late renewal: $450